New Scotland Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» List gold ưebsite
by hueseo Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:49 pm

» FOREX TRADING
by hueseo Wed May 25, 2011 8:35 am

» FOREX NEWS
by hueseo Tue May 24, 2011 5:53 am

» FOREX NEWS
by hueseo Mon May 23, 2011 11:57 pm

» FOREX NEWS
by hueseo Mon May 23, 2011 11:19 pm

» ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
by hueseo Mon May 23, 2011 7:31 am

» Three Word Story
by Berserker119 Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:19 pm

» Favourite Songs?
by Berserker119 Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:11 pm

» Ocarina of Time
by Berserker119 Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:00 am

» Favorite Game In The Series
by nymph_gal Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:52 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

The Great Flood

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Great Flood Empty The Great Flood

Post  Orion255 Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:55 pm

This is a place of chaos, of random statements, and of outlandish thoughts. You have something to say? Say it. Keep it clean, and have a good time.
Orion255
Orion255

Back to top Go down

The Great Flood Empty Re: The Great Flood

Post  ezy goin Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:52 pm

EDIT: First!

Since there is no other appropriate place to say this here at NSM, I'll say it here.

I'm a huge Halo fan, and I'll love it for years to come and it is such a great game, one of the best things I've seen yet. Although this is true, I dislike the Xbox, because Microsoft is greedy, controlling Bungies fanbase and the prices of their games, they made cutbacks and switched hardware manufacturers while making the 360 so it would cost them less, resulting in a consol with a 33.7 percent faliure rate. Microsoft isn't trying to fix this at all, and you have to pay for the Xbox live.

I am hopeing that Halo comes out on the Playstation. I've heard rumours that Microsoft and Soney were discussing trading Halo for Haze. You may think that this comment may seem against Halo, that Microsoft is a good thing, but the truth is, Microsoft is loosing business with the Xbox, once tht happens, Xbox, and all games for Xbox exclusively will be dead. So if you think I'm not a Halo fan for wanting it to come out on Playstation, then you aren't the fan, since what I gather from arguments countering this statement, is that those people want Halo to die...

PS: My rant is now over, and I am feeling much better now.

PPS: NSM backwards is MSN lol!

If anybody starts a flame war, I will come down on you like a Banhammer. - apollo959

Last edited by ezy goin on Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
ezy goin
ezy goin
Enforcer
Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post  pjb00 Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:30 pm

O NOES! Let me start the flame war and say one a few things...

PS3 is a piece of crap when it comes to gaming. Why? Because the only good games for it are LBP (which isn't all that great and I could probably just play it at Jeff's house if I was over), MGS4 (BTW mgs will be coming to Xbox sometime in the future) and Infamous which I don't have any complaints as of yet.

Now let's look at the xbox from a gaming point of view;

Xbox is, quite frankly, a holy jewel in the crown of gaming. A very good console... Because it is.

The games are much better than the three that the PS3 have. Over here we have; Halo 1,2 and 3, Gears Of War (Don't care what anyone says, the gameplay owns.) KotOR 1 (For you RPG/Starwars fans like me. Much better than KotOR 2.) Fable 1 and 2,

JADE MO FUCKIN EMPIRE!!!!

Crackdown, Forza Motorsport 2 and 3

These are just a few. I will also add Left 4 Dead 1 and 2...

And, I thank you.

*Will not be edited because the writer spent enough time on it* - apollo959
pjb00
pjb00
Admin
Admin

https://newscotlandmafia.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Orion255 Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:44 pm

Being somewhat of a fanboy, I'll respond (devoid of rage though). Thanks for the blatant flamebait, firstly.

Secondly, while Microsoft is a monolith of tech, they are just like any other tech company, just trying to cut costs, Sony and Nintendo do it too.

Thirdly, not trying to do anything? Seriously, read any magazine, the Xbox 360 has gone through four different iterations, all reducing heat and wear. The most recent one, Jasper, has reduced failure to close to 10% and the next iteration, the Valhalla, is set to eliminate the problems completely.

In fact, Microsoft has changed to a more expensive manufacturer to produce the 360, basing this decision on two factors, a) Business, the better the console the more customers. b) The consumer experience Microsoft cares about its customers. My final two points are, what about the warranty extensions and free replacements? Don't those entail taking care of the problem?

Finally, with Xbox Live, it is a fantastic service, with millions of users, they have to pay for the servers somehow, a subscription-based service does this. Quite well I might add, so, you pay for what you get, and what you get is good.
Orion255
Orion255

Back to top Go down

Post  pjb00 Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:24 am

Where in the world did you get the idea of Halo being traded for Haze? Please tell me you didn't get it from these fruitcakes.

If you can get past the horrid spelling and the sparks of a flame war, you can see that the population is devided.
Now let's answer their questions, shall we? (Well acutally, correct their answers...)

Posted by NEREVAR117:

1. that will never happen. (Refering to Halo on the PS3)

2. MS owns bungie

3. How is the ps3 the most populated???

4. WRONG, halo was actually going to be a comedy game and was origionally meant for the Nintendo 64.

5. The topic creator has obviously never been on the internet before, if he had he would have known this by now.

1. Correct. The reason for this is that Microsoft knows that it has the most popular FPS ever in it's grasp and would not let that go.

2. Microsoft, contrary to popular belief, does not own Bungie. It owns Halo.

And now dear children, I have gotten to that point.

The point where I just don't care anymore.

And so I conclude;

Never going to happen.
pjb00
pjb00
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ezy goin Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:01 pm

It is possible that Halo goes over to Playstation. The rumors I hear don't come from "fruitcakes", but from people I know who have been gaming since before you were born, and here all the game rumors and information, some not completely available to the public. Besides, it's just a rumor, I don't care if it's traded for a piece of chewing gum, just as long as it's safely on the Playstation before Microsoft dies.

And the Xbox is a trash piece of hardware, contrary to what you may have heard about the faliure rates being reduced, they have actually increased, and Microsoft actually publicly announced they won't be fixing the problem. Playstation's faliure rate is approximately 10% or less, and sometimes the problem with the Playstation even goes away in it's own. And surprisingly, the Wii has only 3% faliure rate. Magazines? Please! It's commonly known that magazines make walls of fake statistics, know why, it's an advertising gimmic, make your product look batter than what it really is, and people will buy it.

Playstation is still going so strong they're still releasing games on the PS2 along with the PS3 (for a few more years), and they have huge titles, like Devil May Cry (great game), LBP (another gret game), MGS (what I've heard, a great game), and the most difficult, thourough and intense RPG released yet, Demon's Souls with a campaign over 100 hours long, to unlock everything would take atleast 4 whole playthroughs, and the dificulty increases each time you beat it. So the first time through, two hits from any boss will kill you, and the second time through just one hit will kill you even if you're wearing the best armour. And that's only a few games. In addition, any Playstation games that come over to the Xbox, their quality has to be majorly reduced just to be run by the game engine. Even Xbox originals run slower on the 360. Plus the Playstation is completely backwards compatible, where the Xbox can only play a few of it's original games.

Twisted Evil

EDIT: In addition, Microsoft knows that Xbox is failing and preparing for it to go bankrupt. And if Halo is only on the Xbox by that time, there will be no more Halo games to play, and no more will be released, so for Halo and Bungie's sake, you'd better be praying to god that Halo comes out on the Playstation.
ezy goin
ezy goin
Enforcer
Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post  pjb00 Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:53 am

Technically, any of your responses about the magazines advertising could be reversed, to an extent, on the people making claims about the Xbox.

I highly doubt that microsoft is going bankrupt. Come now and useth thy common sense. You can't believe every damn thing you read on the internet. I challenge you to post the location of the article that does not speculate, but proves that microsoft is going bankrupt. Remember the one few rules of the internet.

Wikipedia can be written by anyone.

There must be at least three (Trusted) sources that confirm the fact.

61.4% of internet information is complete BS.

Remember these three facts and you should be okay.

The fact is, Microsoft is not going bankrupt and neither is the Xbox. People love the xbox and people love the PS3. I could say right now that Sony is going bankrupt and that would be false as well.

(Oh, and news sites are BS as well.)
pjb00
pjb00
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Orion255 Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:12 pm

You forgot Rule #34.... But let's not get into that.
Orion255
Orion255

Back to top Go down

Post  Orion255 Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:13 pm

Airsoft is awesome!!!
Orion255
Orion255

Back to top Go down

Post  ezy goin Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:58 pm

I accept your challenge.
However, before I start I must state this: Since Microsoft has not gone bankrupt as of yet, these sites can only provide speculations (taking into account accurate data on sales, popularity, and parket success and failures) and so they are predicting a high chance of microsoft going bankrupt.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Could-Microsoft-Go-Bankrupt-20830.shtml

The first section of this second site says that it is unlikely at this point that Microsoft will go bankrupt, but it also says that one of the most successful technology companies of the 1970s whent bankrupt not long after the release of PC.
This could very well happen to Microsoft.
http://wavesmash.blogspot.com/2007/06/is-microsoft-going-to-go-bankrupt.html

Ohoh! What I gather from this one is that (durring the time of this article) Microsoft was destabilizing the economy just to keep from going bankrupt.
http://www.libertylobby.org/articles/2000/20000327microsoft.html

Microsoft isn't very creative and steals ideas (if this was happening then, it's probably still happening now)
http://www.pcworld.com/article/12329/has_microsoft_gone_bankrupt.html

These articles may not be very recent (as in the last year or two) but they all say the same thing, Microsoft doesn't have any original ideas anymore, many of their products have been full of bugs and been faulty, and since we are still in this "economic downturn" (don't believe the media when they say the economy is nearly back to normal, it's just a stunt to get people buying again) Microsoft is not going to be doing as well.

You said... "I could say right now that Sony is going bankrupt and that would be false as well." ... Well there are absolutely no rumors anywhere about Soney going bankrupt, on the other hand, Microsofts case isn't looking too good, rumors of bankruptsy everywhere, less people are buying Xbox products and more people are getting rid of their Xboxes, the statistical trend for Microsoft shows a downhill slope, and there is even quite a large number of people out there who want Microsoft to go bankrupt, which would also affect their publicity and business.

In conclusion, I state that Microsoft isn't bankrupt yet, but there is a strong chance of it happening.
ezy goin
ezy goin
Enforcer
Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post  pjb00 Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:35 pm

Hmm... Why are we now talking about Microsoft going bankrupt? As I recall we were talking about the Halo-Haze trade.

Honestly, why do you have this in your head? Haze is a poor game with a crappy story. Halo is an amazing game with a crappy story.
pjb00
pjb00
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Orion255 Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:17 pm

pjb00 wrote:
Haze is a poor game with a crappy story. Halo is an amazing game with a crappy story.

Nice.
Orion255
Orion255

Back to top Go down

Post  Orion255 Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:46 pm

LOG ON TO THE CHATBOX!!!!
Orion255
Orion255

Back to top Go down

Post  pjb00 Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:53 pm

This is why we Xboxers don't want haze... And neither do the PS3tards.

Link.
pjb00
pjb00
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ezy goin Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:38 pm

pjb00 wrote:Hmm... Why are we now talking about Microsoft going bankrupt? As I recall we were talking about the Halo-Haze trade.

Honestly, why do you have this in your head? Haze is a poor game with a crappy story. Halo is an amazing game with a crappy story.
You obviously haven't bothered completely reading through my posts, I said that it was a rumor that Microsoft and Soney were talking about Haze being traded for Halo, there's been other rumors that Halo is just going to the Playstation with no trade, I don't care if they trade Halo for a piece of bubblegum. The whole Microsoft going bankrupt thing came about since Microsoft isn't doing too well now, and if Microsoft goes bankrupt without Halo coming out on the Playstation, there will be no more Halo ever.
Honestly just read it and understand what is being said instead of asking the same questions over again.
ezy goin
ezy goin
Enforcer
Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post  apollo959 Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:29 pm

OK, I have kept from getting into this, but I have to now. Curse you.

I am going to list the points of my argument in point form, to make it easier for you to understand and comprehend. This, and you can quote me easier.

[rant]

Microsoft is into more than just the Xbox. It controls at least 75% of the computer market (Just a guess). With Windows 7 coming out, they will have a large influx of cash. Why? Because Vista sucks, and people will be willing to spend the $150 required to put it behind them.

Microsoft is BIG. There is no way that a company will just go down without the warning signs to prove it. Yes, they have laid off people, but s has every other company in the States. This just means that they are being affected by the economy. There is a joke about Bill Gates being able to write $1,000,000,000 cheques every minute, and still not be able to use up all of his money. This joke is based in fact. Yes, they may spend some of it, but they probably have enough saved to keep them running for a long time.

Bungie is no longer completely owned by Microsoft. At the very least, they are an independent group of people. Microsoft owns the rights to Halo, not Bungie. And I bet that there is probably some clause somewhere that says that if Microsoft goes down, Bungie gets the rights to Halo.

[/rant]
apollo959
apollo959
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Orion255 Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:00 pm

Amen BROTHA!
Orion255
Orion255

Back to top Go down

Post  ezy goin Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:23 pm

I finish by saying:
The past few years, Microsofts products were pretty bad quality, Vista sucked, so what's to stop their new Windows from sucking?
Microsoft is cheap and greedy (more so than other businesses)
I never said Microsoft would die quickly, there's just signs that it could very well happen.
(Side note, Bill Gates isn't with Microsoft anymore)
And, a while back I said that there are many people that want Microsoft to go bankrupt, well that includes my friend and I (my arguments aren't biased though, purely fact) Never once have I said that anything I've been saying is confirmed, only rumor and predictions.

So I leave this interesting discussion, you may continue to argue about it if you want, but seriously, where's the fun in arguing if the person you are arguing with isn't there anymore?
ezy goin
ezy goin
Enforcer
Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post  apollo959 Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:43 pm

Ok, then i just want to clear this last bit up. Maybe I wrote it weird, but I never said Bill Gates was still part of Microsoft. I said people used to say that about him, and by extension, Microsoft. And about the rumour thing... Just because it is a rumour, does not give it any chance of actually happening. People say that the world will end on December 21, 2012. This could count as a "rumour". The tabloids are another good example. They spread rumours all the time, and they are hardly ever true.

I rest my case.
apollo959
apollo959
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pjb00 Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:58 pm

ezy goin wrote:I finish by saying:
The past few years, Microsofts products were pretty bad quality, Vista sucked, so what's to stop their new Windows from sucking?
Microsoft is cheap and greedy (more so than other businesses)
I never said Microsoft would die quickly, there's just signs that it could very well happen.
(Side note, Bill Gates isn't with Microsoft anymore)
And, a while back I said that there are many people that want Microsoft to go bankrupt, well that includes my friend and I (my arguments aren't biased though, purely fact) Never once have I said that anything I've been saying is confirmed, only rumor and predictions.

So I leave this interesting discussion, you may continue to argue about it if you want, but seriously, where's the fun in arguing if the person you are arguing with isn't there anymore?

Aha! Virtually all non-biased computer reviewers have said that the Windows 7 beta is much better than Vista. Some would even go as far as to say it rivals XP, although I refuse to believe that.

Also, saying that Microsoft will die eventually is like saying a specific tree will die eventually. It's gonna happen and there are factors speeding it up, but all trees die eventually.

"I have you now!"
~Darth Vader, Episode IV

Last edited by pjb00 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Thought up the Tree analogy.)
pjb00
pjb00
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  apollo959 Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:04 pm

well, I personally will know what 7 is like, my new laptop came with the option to upgrade. SO, i should have it within the next month or two.
apollo959
apollo959
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pjb00 Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:59 pm

Back on the Halo/Haze topic.

I am probably speaking Blasphamy but...

Halo needs to die!

Yes, that's right. After Reach comes out it will be up to us to do one of the hardest things known to man...

We need to grab a shotgun and shoot halo in the head with it.

Fanboys (i.e. ezy goin and Phantom848) will disagree with me, and for good reason! But it takes a real fanboy to be able to let your object of desire go. Do you really want Halo to last forever? Do you want it to go the way of Sonic the Sellout-hog? Hell no! But if we hand it over to Sony that's exactly what's going to happen.

Not that I'm saying that's what's going to happen! That's just a response to what ezy goin said he wanted.

I'd like to conclude by saying that maybe in 10-15 years they should make a new Halo game. One that has a better storyline than Halo 3's...

I dare it to make a better campaign that COD4's.

~Nefarious Pat's text review supplement.
pjb00
pjb00
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  apollo959 Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:11 pm

Hello, I'm apollo959 and i APPROVE this message.

The Great Flood 1195423550187356949molumen_red_approved_stamp.svg.med
apollo959
apollo959
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pjb00 Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:16 pm

apollo959 wrote:Hello, I'm apollo959 and i APPROVE this message.

Hello, I'm pjb00 and I APPROVE this response.

pjb00
pjb00
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ezy goin Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:02 pm

If all goes according to my plans, I will not have an Xbox by the end of November first, 2009, and I will be running around, slapping people silly in Little Big Planet.

Last edited by pjb00 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Unfair Judgements)
ezy goin
ezy goin
Enforcer
Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next